Saturday, May 14, 2011

Germany and Butoh blessings

Oh wow the inspiration never stops. Thank you to Momo and the company for holding such a solid framework within to allow myself the freedom to explore dancing with life!!! Visit http://www.momobutoh.blogspot.com/ for the blog of the company... I want to share with those of you that don't know what this is about... Basically in my own journey this is the next step- a way for me to integrate my desire to be and create art, into my every day life. Butoh in this form is pretty simple- an act of presence- a meditation- a means of connecting and becoming here and now with your surroundings. For example today in the windy hills of Bad Godesberg, Germany- I stood on my balcony and had an intimate encounter with a pine bush. The sun suddenly popped out behind the clouds and next thing I know I am dancing with the suns radiance- feeling through the depth of my being how alive my interaction can be between suns light rays and my physical moving body. What a delicious feeling to soak it in like that. Continuing my butoh practice I went walking and ended up kind of suddenly in a cementary. OO.... what interesting energy there- Old old tombstones, and towering drapping trees. I kept walking uphill stopping randomly to imitate a roseshrup or a statue. I then found myself inside of a small church on the hillside and stopped inside to meditate a bit, before I left I busted out a dance in response to the repression -- type energy I felt there.... nothing quite like dancing in an empty church imagining the priest or pope or whomever pretending to frown but deep down surpressing a child like giggle. REALLY... every one can do this. Take a moment out of your day to explore your enviornment with awe and freshness. Maybe drinking your tea becomes a moment of affection and gratitude, or perhaps putting on a shirt can become its own engaging dance! I am excited to keep plugging butoh (or random acts of presence through dance) into my own daily life! Who how..... and the fun never stops even though sometimes it may seem that way.... I am blessed, Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment