Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Düsseldorf with Auntie Andrea

Bwa. That is how they say it. Here in German speaking land ol' mighty. Today I was seen walking down the most expensive street in Düsseldorf (kinda like a warped verison of New York City's Soho).... quite interesting really. It probably never ceases to amaze me the kind of perversion that goes into adversising and consumerism society. How utterly IMPORTANT it is to wear the newest shoes, look fab, and gossip about nonsensical things. Ok. All my judgements. Or rather let me say observations.... We need the contrast in everything, don't we?

Yeah and after my aunt and I arrived in the big D, we found the photo shooting place inside a pretty fancy version of a mall. I was made up to be between glamorous and natural... haha does that exist=? I was taken into a room with many different wall flavors, chairs, and big lights. Then I got to play and shine! It is funnnnn to be in front of a camera, I know all wouldn't agree... but I think it was clear a long time ago that the camera is a good good friend of mine! After taking way too many fabulous glamour shots of miss. diesel, I picked out a few to take home. YEa, big exciting story I know! This is when pictures are really worth a thousand words!!!

As for my daily artistic practice.... hmmmm did a little free dance in a field inside the Düsseldorf park. Does french braiding my aunts' hair count? Well the day isn't over yet and I intend to wind down with a lovely artistic reflection of self drawn with 3 colored pencils, and I intend to dance out that present self I drew.

Also a very subtle tribute to Prunes. May you be there in cases when I need you most.

In light,
N

No comments:

Post a Comment