Thursday, June 9, 2011

Slugs

Today my intention has been to connect into my heart space.
I was moved to journey through the woods.
These particular woods are super super magical. Literally a faerie realm.
Ferns, moss, redwoods, creek, fallen logs, twisty curves and bends, serinity
IT just feels so good to glide. Easily, smoothly, through time and space.
I found a tree nested on the edge of a decline. A simple dance of acknowladgement came through me.
I turned around.
There on the ground was a dark yellow fat slimy slow slug.
A simple dance of recognition came through me. I was transported into Slug Time.
Movement with the most graceful fluidity and stillness. Slugs are kings of patience- or rather their kingdom doesn't recognize the need for the word patience, and their fluid slow movement is all that is. All that is known.
My feet carried me to a lone bench. I sat. I breathed. Rather, Life Breathed Me.
I layed down.
A huge bird (not a vulture, not an eagle, probably not a hawk.... I don't know what it was) flew in a circle above my head and decided to perch in a tree above where I was laying. We had sweet moments of connection.
I continued walking.

Ridiculously       SLOW                SLOW                                                     SLOW.

When I move really slow my perception slows down. My sense of time stops. I am now existing in the woods according to wood time, according to the laws of eternal presence. I catch the intricate shadows of the sunlight tree dance. I let the contrasting colors, shapes, and deep silence wash over my whole being.

Oh. Ha. More SLLLUUUGGGSSS. A baby one. Aw. Later I ran across a big papa slug.
I tapped into the magical world of insects. A spider showed me how she runs across her own thread. The nats danced hovering in between molecules of sunlight... clustered in a group a clique, moving rapidly in and out of each other. A truly mesmerising dance.

Me and my big feet covered in plastic tennis shoes.

Soon spirit and those shoes carried me out and back into the world where houses and internet exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment