Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Unearthed errie poem

So I have been visiting in Germany for the past week- I stay another week here with my darling Grandmother before I fly back to Salt Lake City, Utah. I flipped through a copy of my self-published poetry book last week that lays so pround on my Grandmother's altar. I came across this particular poem which I would like to share. It was written long before my mother passed away, and yet it was totally something that should have been written after the fact. Even the line about a 'silent rain dropping on a shattered roof' is so coincidental. The night she passed away I remember lying on the couch listening and making note of the rain; it indeed was silent rain because of the heavyness and silence that lingered around the home. So here I share this with the world. The rawness of my emotion is clear for all to read. I share this because maybe you too have been through the loss of a loved one and can relate.


You are my heart
I had to lose my heart to know
You are my soul

A silent rain
Dropping on the shattered roof
The tears, washing my face
An emptyness
Something is missing inside of me

How could I go on like this?
A deep pain is inside, calling for a way out
Everything I had is suddenly gone
The structure is broken

I didn't want to loose you
The tears, can you feel my pain?
A hollow space
Needs desperately to be filled

Ageless,
Sometimes we can be
 A glimpse of what is on the other side
A Face, a grin, a hint
An Angel is coming for me

A part of my soul is lost
You took it with you
You're my lifeline
Gave me birth and nurtured me
I am sure it is the same for you

I will love again
You are my heart
How could you walk away
I was not ready to let you go
you are my soul
I had to loose it to know

Ageless
Timeless
Bursting through the light
An angel is coming for me!


- My grandmother and I are unsure of the exact date this was written, but for sure sometime in the latter part of 2005 when I was 15 years old. The date my grandmother has on the back is December 9, 2005. My mother passed away March 23, 2006. I intellectually had NO idea  that she was as sick as she was or that she was ANYWHERE close to dying. That is what makes this poem so interesting. It truly was my subconscious speaking through the pen. Apparently some higher part of myself knew this was coming. Yet I don't even remember reading the poem after I wrote it, only after my mom passed did I find this poem again and marvel at what I had pre-empted.


Anyways goes to show the power of free-form writting. Let whatever is inside of you emerge on paper unhindered by the conscious mind. If you practice this even just once, you may find things that surprise you.

Blessings from Germany

Namaste
Norianna

No comments:

Post a Comment